This hands-on training course builds your skills in installing, configuring, and managing the Horizon View component of VMware Horizon. Students gain practical experience with these concepts through the completion of hands-on labs. View includes: VMware View® Manager, VMware View® Composer, and View security server. This course is based on the Horizon 6 release.
Who should attend:
- System administrators and system integrators responsible for deploying the VMware® virtual desktop infrastructure
Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Identify View components
- Install and configure View Connection Server
- Install and configure virtual machines that become desktops
- Configure and manage VMware Horizon Client systems
- Configure and manage pools of existing physical machines
- Configure and manage automated pools of full virtual machines
- Configure and manage pools of linked-clone machines
- Configure and manage RDS pools of desktops and applications
- Use View Administrator to configure the View environment
- Configure secure access to View desktops
- Describe steps to deploy View Persona Management for user profile management
- Manage performance and scalability of a View deployment
Before attending this course, you must be able to perform the following tasks:
- Create a template in the VMware vCenter Server system and deploy a virtual machine from a template.
- Modify a vCenter Server customization specification.
- Open a virtual machine console in the vCenter Server system and access the guest operating system.
- Have experience in Microsoft Windows Active Directory administration
- Have experience with VMware vSphere®
The knowledge and skills that are recommended before attending this course are as follows:
- VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage (Version 5.5) (VICM)