Experience the ultimate in vSphere 5 skills-building and VCP exam-preparation training.
In this intensive, extended-hours course, you will focus on installing, configuring, and managing VMware® vSphere® 5. You will explore the topics covered in VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage in greater detail and expand upon them by learning advanced tasks and gaining expert skills for configuring a highly available and scalable virtual infrastructure.
You will gain hands-on experience installing, configuring, and managing VMware vSphere, which consists of VMware ESXi 5.0 and VMware vCenter Server 5.0, and you will learn about all the new features found in vSphere 5. Topics unique to this course include Fault Tolerance, vSphere Management Assistant (vMA), Storage vMotion, and Distributed Power Management (DPM). Approximately 40% of your class time will be devoted to 32 hands-on labs.
This fast-track course aligns to the VMware Certified Professional (VCP) 5 exam objectives more closely than any other VMware training course, and it satisfies the coursework requirements for certification. A VCP exam voucher is included.
What You'll Learn
- Configure and manage ESXi networking and storage
- Create, configure, migrate, manage, convert, and monitor virtual machines and virtual appliances
- Manage user access to the virtual infrastructure
- Use vCenter Server to monitor resource usage
- Scale the vSphere virtual infrastructure
- Implement business continuity solutions
- Manage changes to the vSphere environment
- Use a command-line interface to manage vSphere
- Install and configure ESXi and vCenter Server
- Use vSphere Auto Deploy to provision ESXi hosts
Who Needs to Attend
- Experienced system administrators, engineers, and operators willing to work hard to achieve superior vSphere skills with minimal time away from the office