Learn how to successfully adopt virtualization techniques into your business and pass the Virtualization Essentials Professional exam.
In this course, you will address the business perspective, technical organization, operation, and governance of virtualization. You will cover concepts that will help you successfully complete the associated exam to become a Virtualization Essentials Professional (VEP). This course complements the Cloud Essentials course, which can be completed before or after you've taken this course.
The course materials are accredited by the Cloud Credential Council and registered with the Project Management Institute for PDU eligibility.
What You'll Learn
- Common terms and definitions of virtualization
- Business benefits and business considerations of virtualization
- Approaches to server virtualization, its relevance to the modern data center, available platforms, and important features
- Implications of virtualization on storage, networks, and applications
- Issues, challenges, and opportunities
- Implications of virtualization on the modern workplace and the challenges and opportunities for managing this
- Impact and changes of virtualization on IT service management
- Steps that lead to the successful adoption of virtualization techniques and the implications for an organization.
- Compliance, risk, and regulatory consequences of virtualization and its financial and strategic impact
Who Needs to Attend
- IT management, support staff, and consultants
- Business managers and analysts
- Small and midsized business owners
- Specialists (IT, security, infrastructure, services, systems, and test)
- Business process owners
- IT developers
- Service providers
- System integrators