This course will teach developers who use the Microsoft® Visual C++® development system how to create component object model (COM) objects using Visual C++ and the Active Template Library (ATL).
At Course Completion
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Use COM to address component-based software development issues.
- Build clients of COM objects.
- Build COM object servers.
- Create ActiveX controls.
- Use Visual C++ extensions to create clients of COM objects.
- Build COM objects that reuse existing COM objects.
- Add events to COM objects and clients.
- Create COM objects with dual interfaces.