About This Clinic
This one-day instructor-led clinic introduces students to new development features available in Visual Studio 2008 that can be used to create and consume application services, build ASP.NET Web sites, create engaging desktop applications, design workflows, expose services and enhance Microsoft Office applications.
At Clinic Completion
After completing this clinic, students will be able to:
- Explain new development features in Visual Studio 2008 and how they can enhance developer productivity.
- Explain new language enhancements available in C# 3.0 and VB.NET 9.0.
- Explain how Visual Studio 2008 can be used to target multiple versions of the .NET Framework.
- Explain how Language Integrated Query (LINQ) can be used with the LINQ to SQL Designer.
- Describe new Web development features and controls available in ASP.NET 3.5 and Visual Studio 2008.
- Explain how ASP.NET AJAX has been integrated into ASP.NET 3.5.
- Explain how WPF, WF and WCF applications, workflows and services can be built using Visual Studio 2008 templates and visual designers.
- Describe how to build UAC aware applications for Windows Vista.
- Describe how Visual Studio 2008 can be used to create custom Microsoft Office ribbons, task panes and Outlook form regions.