This three-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to build and configure a Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) solution.
This course is intended for application developers who know how to build and consume Web services in Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 and how to use the common features of the base class library. The application developers do not have to understand concepts such advanced WS-*, Web Services Enhancements (WSE), service life cycle management, and diagnostics.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Build a simple WCF service and client.
- Create and configure a service as a managed application and select an appropriate hosting option.
- Expose a WCF service over different endpoints and add run-time functionality by using behaviors.
- Improve debugging capabilities by examining messages and service activity.
- Define service, operation, and data contracts to meet application requirements.
- Add error handling to a WCF application.
- Address service quality issues such as performance, availability, concurrency, and instance management.
- Implement security in a WCF application.
- Protect data integrity through correct use of transactions.