This course will you teach you how to develop Web Service provider and consumer applications for the WebSphere Application Server v7.0 platform. It will teach you the theory behind XML schema, WSDL and SOAP. It will proceed to teach you various Java specifications that cover Web Services development (such as JAX-WS and JAXB).
Advanced topics such as WS-Security, WS-Addressing, WS-ReliableMessaging and WS-Trust are also covered.
All the labs are done using RAD v7.5.
- XML schema design
- JAXB and JAX-WS annotations
- Interoperability issues
- WS-Trust and WS-Federation
- Deployment in WebSphere
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
After completing this course, the student should be able to:
- Confidently design XML schema and WSDL.
- Tell the difference between different SOAP styles (document literal, RPC literal etc.)
- Implement a Web Service using RAD 7.5 and WebSphere.
- Write a Web Services client using standard Java specifications.
- Register a service in a public or private UDDI registry.
- Secure web services.
- Learn the interoperability issues especially with the .NET platform.
Java EE developers who will like to learn about how to build a Web Services based solution. This class covers many advanced topics that will help them build a solution appropriate for a large business.