Are social software capabilities and Web 2.0 interactive technologies a near end requirement for you or your clients? Is valuable data available but not accessible? Are you working with merging or expanding companies but unable to find the people who have the expertise or responsibilities you need? Do you need to know who is working on what projects? Do you want to capture and share the expertise of retiring employees for best practices? If these or other similar situations are important for you or your clients, then this technical skills hands-on workshop will show you how to leverage the nine integrated services of Lotus Connections 3.0 to implement social software for business.
You will hear about and use the functions and features that capture, communicate, share, collaborate, organize, and deliver social software for business. In addition, you will explore new mobile features offered in Lotus Connections 3.0. This workshop will cover end to end technical aspects of Lotus Connections including a technical overview of WebSphere Application Server and Tivoli Directory Integrator which are bundled and installed with Lotus Connections. Integration with Lotus products, WebSphere Portal, and other applications using APIs will be discussed.
Audience: This course is for Solution architects and social networking adminstrators
- Become familiar with the setup and use of Lotus Connections services
- Learn the fundamentals of WebSphere Application Server and Tivoli Directory Integrator
- Understand the features provided by each service
- Learn how the services work together and how to integrate them with other applications and Web sites using APIs
- Learn how to configure and administer Lotus Connections
- Learn how to use the mobile features of Lotus Connection
- Participate in hands-on labs
Who Can Benefit
This course is for Solution architects and social networking adminstrators