An updated version of this course is available. For more information, click IBM WebSphere Application Server V7 Administration on Windows (Remote Classroom) (VA370)
Train and Certify Promotion
Within six (6) months of completing this course or when the certification test expires, whichever comes first, you will be able to take the aligning certification test free of charge. The test is valued at $200 USD in developed countries and $100 in the emerging market countries. For complete promotion details, click here.
NOTE: THIS IS AN INSTRUCTOR-LED ONLINE COURSE. PLEASE DO NOT MAKE TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS FOR THIS COURSE.
This four-day course describes how to install and perform system administration for IBM WebSphere Application Server V6.1 Network Deployment. It covers the necessary skills for a standalone base WebSphere Application Server system, and the additional skills to manage and configure a Network Deployment cell. This course does not cover programming Java servlets, JSPs, or EJBs; these skills can be obtained by attending the appropriate IBM Rational Application Developer courses.
- Explain how WebSphere Application Server relates to the WebSphere family of products
- Describe the architectural concepts related to WebSphere Application Server V6.1
- Install and configure WebSphere Application Server and IBM HTTP Server (IHS)
- Explain the basic concepts of the Java 2 Platform, Enterprise Edition (J2EE)
- Assemble and install server-side Java enterprise applications
- Use WebSphere Application Server administrative tools to configure and manage enterprise applications
- Configure security for server-side application resources
- Deploy applications in clustered environments
- View performance information about server and application components
- Use problem determination tools and log files to troubleshoot problems