NOTE: THIS IS AN INSTRUCTOR-LED ONLINE COURSE. PLEASE DO NOT MAKE TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS FOR THIS COURSE.
This 5-day course teaches you the skills needed to install and administer IBM WebSphere Application Server V7. As the latest release of WebSphere Application Server, Version 7 offers users enhanced support for standards, emerging technology, and a choice of development frameworks.
In this course, learn how to install, configure, and maintain IBM WebSphere Application Server V7 base and Network Deployment (ND), and to deploy enterprise Java applications in a single machine or clustered configuration. In addition, learn how to work with features new to WebSphere Application Server V7, such as flexible management, business-level applications, administrative console extensions, security enhancements, and the centralized installation manager. Optional units cover topics such as centralized installation and auditing.
Throughout the course, hands-on exercises and demonstrations reinforce lecture content. Gain practical experience with WebSphere Application Server V7 by performing tasks such as installing and assembling applications, using properties file-based configuration, applying problem determination techniques, and working with fine-grained administrative security.
What You'll Learn
- Relate WebSphere Application Server to the WebSphere family of products
- Describe the features and standards in WebSphere Application Server V7
- Describe the architectural concepts related to WebSphere Application Server
- Install and configure WebSphere Application Server V7
- Explain the basic concepts of the Java Platform, Enterprise Edition (Java EE 5) platform
- Assemble and install server-side Java enterprise applications
- Use WebSphere administrative tools to configure and manage enterprise applications
- Use the wsadmin scripting library
- Configure WebSphere Application Server security
- Deploy applications in clustered environments
- View performance information about server and application components
- Use problem determination tools and log files to troubleshoot problems
- Configure messaging with the service integration bus
Who Needs to Attend
This intermediate course is designed for administrators who install, configure, and manage Web-based applications on WebSphere Application Server. Web masters, lead application developers, and application architects may also find this course beneficial.