This 4-day instructor-led course provides technical professionals with the skills that are needed to administer WebSphere MQ queue managers on distributed platforms such as Windows and Linux.
In this course, students learn how to install, customize, operate, and administer WebSphere MQ on distributed platforms. The course covers topics such as configuration, day-to-day administration, problem recovery, and managing security and performance.
In addition to the instructor-led lectures, students also participate in hands-on lab exercises that are designed to reinforce lecture content. The lab exercises give students practical experience with tasks such as handling queue recovery, implementing security, and problem determination.
Completing this course can also help students prepare for the appropriate WebSphere MQ Administrator certifications.
The lab environment for this course uses the Windows XP platform.
- Plan the implementation of WebSphere MQ
- Install WebSphere MQ
- Perform simple customization and administration tasks
- Enable a queue manager to exchange messages with another queue manager
- Enable a queue manager to support a WebSphere MQ client
- Implement basic restart and recovery procedures
- Perform basic problem determination
- Plan for and implement basic WebSphere MQ security features
- Configure dead letter queue handling
- Implement WebSphere MQ high availability
This basic-level course is designed for technical professionals who need the skills to be an administrator for any of the WebSphere MQ Level 2 queue managers except WebSphere MQ for z/OS and WebSphere MQ for iSeries.