This course provides students with the knowledge and skills necessary to install and configure Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional on stand-alone and client computers that are part of a workgroup or domain. In addition, this course provides the skills and knowledge necessary to install and configure Windows 2000 Server to create file, print, Web, and Terminal servers.
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Install or upgrade to Windows 2000.
- Configure the Windows 2000 environment.
- Connect clients running Windows 2000 to networks.
- Create and manage user accounts.
- Manage access to resources by using groups.
- Manage data by using the NTFS file system.
- Provide network access to file resources.
- Monitor and optimize performance in Windows 2000.
- Implement security in Windows 2000.
- Configure printing.
- Configure Windows 2000 for mobile computing.
- Configure and manage disks.
- Implement disaster protection.
- Install and configure Terminal Services.
- Implement Windows 2000 clients.
- Implement Windows 2000 servers.