This two-day, instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to manage and maintain a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 networked environment.
This course consists of lecture content and hands-on labs that provide experience focused exclusively on the skills and objectives that align with Exam 70-292: Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment for an MCSA Certified on Windows 2000.
This course is also meant as an aid in preparing for Exam 70-292: Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment for an MCSA Certified on Microsoft Windows® 2000. Note that this exam will be available only to individuals who hold an Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) on Windows 2000 or Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) on Windows 2000 certification.
Audience: This course is intended for Windows 2000 systems administrators with experience managing and supporting a Windows 2000-based Active Directory® directory service-based network, and who need to learn how to apply those skills in a Windows Server 2003 environment.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Identify the systems administration tasks in Windows Server 2003 that are new or different from the tasks performed in Windows 2000.
- Manage user, computer, and group accounts in a Windows Server 2003 Active Directory-based environment.
- Use the Group Policy Management Console (GPMC) to manage Group Policy.
- Manage resources and security.
- Configure and manage Domain Name System (DNS).
- Manage servers in remote locations.
- Manage Terminal Services.
- Manage Internet Information Services (IIS) 6.0 Web Services.
- Maintain computers that run Windows operating systems by implementing and managing Software Update Services.
- Prepare for and implement disaster recovery solutions.