This five day course is intended for IT Professionals who are interested in the knowledge and skills necessary to plan and implement a Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2 environment. It incorporates both the planning of the server infrastructure and key aspects of the implementation, management and maintenance of Active Directory and Network Infrastructure. It is the primary training resource for Exam 70-646 preparation (MCITP: Server Administrator certification). It covers the most important job tasks for Server Administrators who are responsible for the planning, operations, and day-to-day maintenance of Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2 servers in the enterprise.
The course covers Windows server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Sp1.
This course is intended for experienced IT Professionals looking to gain deeper insight and decision making knowledge for a variety of planning and implementation tasks typically carried out by Server Administrators. Also, this course is relevant for you if you have been working as a Server Administrator on a previous version of Windows Server and want to update your skills to the Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Sp1 environment.
The course is intended to build on the student's existing skills in the areas of Active Directory and Network Infrastructure for Windows Server 2008, therefore it is not suitable for new or inexperienced server administrators.
At Course Completion:
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Plan Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Sp1 deployments and upgrades
- Plan server management and delegated administration strategies
- Plan for network addressing with IPv4 and IPv6 and also the provisioning of DNS services
- Plan and provision Active Directory Domain Services
- Plan and implement Group Policy strategy
- Plan and implement Active Directory Certificate Services
- Plan and provision Application servers including Web services, presentation virtualization and application virtualization
- Plan and implement file and print server roles
- Plan and implement secure network access policies such as VPNs, Network Access Protection (NAP) and Direct Access
- Plan and provision data and storage
- Plan and implement an update management strategy using Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)
- Plan and implement high availability
- Plan for server performance and event monitoring
- Plan and implement a backup and recovery strategy