About this Course
This one-day instructor-led course provides students with advanced knowledge of the Windows Vista operating system.
This course is intended for information workers who want to learn advanced-level Windows Vista skills.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, the student will know how to perform basic computer management tasks, including monitoring computer information, improving slow performance, and backing up and restoring data. They will know how to connect a computer to a workgroup, domain, or virtual private network (VPN), as well as have a basic understanding of user accounts, local computer security, and the security of Internet connections. Specifically, they will be able to:
- Optimize visual effects.
- Display more on your monitor.
- Change the way your mouse works.
- Change the keyboard input language.
- Connect your computer to a workgroup.
- Set up a VPN connection.
- Connect your computer to a domain.
- Access your domain computer remotely.
- Share drives and folders.
- Administer Windows user accounts.
- Manage your Windows user account.
- Limit access to the computer, to programs, and to the Internet.
- Analyze your computers security.
- Configure Internet security zones.
- Locate system information.
- Turn Windows features on and off.
- Manage your system date and time.
- Change your computers name.
- Monitor and improve your computers performance.
- Manage cached files.
- Remove unnecessary files.
- Back up and restoring files.
- Restore your operating system.
- Transfer software, settings, and files to another computer.