About this Course
This three-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to install, configure, and troubleshoot Windows Vista desktops. This course focuses on installing and configuring a Windows Vista edition, managing resources, configuring security, optimizing performance, and configuring network and mobile device connections.
This course is intended for IT Professionals, who wish to become technology specialists. A Windows Vista technology specialist is defined as a technology specialist interested in learning about, assessing skills, using reference products, or taking exams to prove his or her knowledge/skills/experience related to Microsofts Windows Vista technologies. Both tier-1 and tier-2 support personnel working in medium to large organizations fulfill the requirements of the primary audience for this course.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Perform a clean installation of Windows Vista and migrate user-related data and settings from Windows XP.
- Configure the post-installation settings of a computer running Windows Vista.
- Configure and manage disks, partitions, and volumes on a computer installed with Windows Vista.
- Manage files and printing in Windows Vista.
- Configure and troubleshoot network connectivity.
- Configure a wireless network connection.
- Configure and troubleshoot Windows Vista security.
- Optimize and Maintain performance and reliability in Windows Vista.
- Configure mobile computers and devices.
- Configure Windows Vista productivity applications