Duration: 4 Day Hands-On Lab & Lecture Course
This course is instructor-led training and includes instructor assisted, hands-on labs. The course examines the fundamentals of Cisco's wireless LAN technology. The curriculum will include the concepts of standalone and controller-based access points and controllers, network management solutions and security. After completing this course, learners will be able to discuss configuration, management of both standalone and controller-based wireless networks.
Laptops are provided to participate in the hands-on labs. If you desire to use your own laptop, please bring a laptop computer with an available 32-bit CardBus slot and an Ethernet port as well as an internal wireless NIC, 802.11a/b/g. The laptops operating systems must be either MS Windows 2000 (SP4) or XP. The laptop should also have a 9-pin serial port or USB to serial adapter. IN ADDITION, you will need administrator rights to the laptop to install drivers for the wireless client used in class.
After completing this course, the student should be able to:
- Describe detailed modulation and spreading techniques and how it is used with various antennas
- Describe detailed technical features, functions, and benefits of the Cisco wireless LAN products and how they compare to each other
- Describe Aironet Desktop Utility and the Cisco Secure Services Client
- Define the concept of using wireless devices to create a WLAN using the standalone products
- Define concepts of using wireless devices to create a Layer 2 bridge
- Configure a controller-based wireless network using a Cisco wireless LAN controller
- Describe the requirement necessary for deployment and performing a site survey
- Describe the steps, concepts, and tools available while performing a site survey
Who Should Attend
The Cisco Wireless LAN Fundamentals is targeted to internal Cisco System Engineers, Field Engineers and channel external system engineers working in the wireless field who possess wireless basics and seek to add more advanced concepts to their knowledge. In addition, the course is tailored to network administrators, network engineers, network managers and technical sales personnel, who want to offer their customers the most innovative and comprehensive suite of WLAN solutions in the industry.