Implementing Cisco Wireless Network Fundamentals (WIFUND) v1.0 is a 5-day training program that helps prepare you for the associate-level CCNA Wireless certification, a prerequisite to CCNP Wireless certification.
You will learn how to design, install, configure, monitor, and conduct basic troubleshooting tasks of a Cisco Wireless LAN (WLAN) in SMB and enterprise installations.
Note: Please bring a laptop computer with an Ethernet port as well as an internal wireless NIC, 802.11a/b/g/n. Access to the remote labs requires a browser that supports Java and permissions to open RDP or encrypted RDP (RDP443) sessions. If your browser does not support Java, you will need administrator rights to the laptop to install software.
- Basic RF principles and characteristics
- WLAN security methods and access with differing client devices
- Cisco WLAN architecture and the underlying infrastructure used to support it
- Implement centralized wireless access networks using AireOS or IOS XE WLAN controllers
- Implement converged access wireless access network using IOS XE converged access switches and WLAN controllers
- Implement small and remote wireless networks using FlexConnect, autonomous, and cloud architectures
- Perform basic WLAN maintenance and troubleshooting
- Requirements of a WLAN design
Who Should Attend
- Network engineers, network administrators, network managers, and system engineers
- WLAN designers, planners, implementers, and optimizers
- Anyone wishing to attain CCNA Wireless or CCNP Wireless certification