Agile project management methods differ significantly from traditional plan-based approaches. In this short course, you will explore the ways in which agile projects are planned and managed. You will learn to form and coach a self-directed team, facilitate continuous collaboration with your customer, embrace changing requirements, and deliver business value to your customer early and regularly throughout the project.
Virtual short courses do not include materials or headsets.
This is a virtual short course, specially designed to give you a quick, convenient way to earn PMI® PDUs or concentrate on a specialized topic. This course is also part of our PMP® Renewal Program.
What You'll Learn
- The agile lifecycle
- The unique agile values and principles
- Envisioning ("Initiating" in A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, (PMBOK® Guide) - Fifth Edition, Project Management Institute, Inc., 2013)
- Incremental Speculation ("Planning" the PMBOK® Guide's "Planning" and "Re-Planning")
- Iterative Exploring ("Executing" in the PMBOK® Guide)
- Adapting to what is learned ("Monitoring and Controlling" the PMBOK® Guide's)
- Iterative Closure ("Closing" in the PMBOK® Guide)
Who Needs to Attend
PMP®-certified project managers, IT project managers, project coordinators, project analysts, project leaders, senior project managers, team leaders, product managers, program managers, project sponsors, and project team members who want to continue to develop their skills and renew their PMP certification.