There are significant benefits available when utilizing an Agile approach that can address the risks, unknowns, and uncertainties that affect nearly all software development projects. These complexities can best be addressed with a flexible and adaptable model that turns traditional problems into advantages and provides the tools to change the way work is done through addressing organizational issues head on. In this course you will learn how Agile addresses these traditional project challenges and finally resolve these ever-present constraints. Learn to overcome these hurdles and interweave your traditional practices with Agile practices to develop the best software for your organization and your customer.
After considering all of the ways in which the Agile methods will affect your organization and considering the benefits and challenges associated with each, you will be ready to plan your Agile adoption strategy. In this course you will gain all the tools, skills and knowledge to return to your office and successfully implement an Agile transition strategy that best fits your environment.
- Explore the problems your organization is currently experiencing with software projects
- Solidify and strengthen any Agile concepts that your organization has already accepted and explore those that you have yet to implement
- Implement strategies for how you can build collaborative, self-directed teams
- Discover how you can institute incremental planning and adaptation on your projects
- Harvest methods to move your projects to a more customer-centric, change-tolerant requirements process
- Enlighten you organization on how you can make quality the job of each and every team member
- Prioritize the Agile changes you can make, identifying the "best of breed" strategies to achieve success
- Create the beginnings of your Agile transition action plan
Who Should Attend
This course is valuable for anyone who is contemplating making their software projects more agile.
This class is for you if you are a:
- Software Development Manager
- Software Project Manager
- Software Team Lead
- Quality Assurance Specialist
- Process Engineer
- Software Developer or Tester
- Software Project Customer
- IT Director or Manager