This 3-day course will introduce you to SOA (Service Oriented Architecture), one of the most popular business initiatives among corporations and government organizations today. Service Oriented Architecture provides a more agile and comprehensive way to integrate information systems and businesses processes than more traditional approaches. Students will be exposed to a broad range of enterprise SOA subjects, providing a solid foundational understanding of both business and technology elements of SOA.
Concepts in this workshop are re-enforced through a combination of group discussion, class exercises, case study explorations, and daily reviews.
- SOA Fundamentals
- Web Services
- Service Layers
- SOA Value Proposition
- Service Registries
- Enterprise Service Bus (ESB)
- SOA Information Management
- Business Process Management (BPM)
- SOA Service Lifecycle
- Service Oriented Analysis and Design (SOAD)
- SOA Testing
- SOA Security
- Challenges, Risks, and SOA Governance
- SOA Maturity Models
- Gain an understanding of Service Oriented Architecture
- Learn the importance of BPM and governance to a successful SOA
- Explore the technology and business impacts of SOA
- Understand the SOA value proposition
- Learn the lifecycle for services and understand the challenges
- Gain a knowledge of security, testing, and information management within SOA
- Explore the relative maturity of SOA and models for gauging the maturity of an organizations SOA initiative
- This course is applicable to both technical and business personnel. It provides a general foundation in Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and addresses a wide range of enterprise elements and job roles.