Students will learn to develop and test server-side web applications based on the Java Platform, Enterprise Edition (Java EE) component model using Eclipse tools. Develop and test server-side applications that use Servlets and JavaServer Pages (JSPs) for the control and flow of e-business applications.
- Develop and test Servlets
- Develop and test JavaServer Pages (JSPs)
- Develop and test Java EE applications following the Model/View/Controller architecture
- Integrate business logic using Java Beans and Java Database Connectivity (JDBC)
- Apply best practices to Servlet and JSP development
What you will learn:
After completing this course, the student should be able to:
- Use Eclipse as a truly, integrated development environment
- Build Servlets according to the current Servlet 2.5 specification
- Build JSPs according to the current JSP 2.1 specification
- Build custom JSP tag libraries
- Integrate Servlets and JSPs into a complete Java EE application
- Test Servlets and JSPs using Eclipse
- Deploy a Java EE application to JBoss 5
- Java programmers who build server-side web applications interested in leveraging Eclipse to streamline their development cycle.