The focus of this three-day instructor-led course is on planning and implementing enterprise database infrastructure solutions by using SQL Server 2014 and other Microsoft technologies. It describes how to consolidate SQL Server workloads, work with both on-premises and Microsoft Azure cloud-based solutions, and how to plan and implement high availability and disaster recovery solutions.
Note: This course is designed for customers who are interested in learning SQL Server 2012 or SQL Server 2014. It covers the new features in SQL Server 2014, but also the important capabilities across the SQL Server data platform.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Assess an existing enterprise environment.
- Plan and implement Policy-Based Management.
- Describe the considerations for consolidating workloads with SQL Server 2014.
- Describe considerations for including SQL Server 2014 in a private cloud.
- Use Microsoft Azure storage with SQL Server 2014.
- Implement and configure databases in Microsoft Azure SQL Database.
- Implement and configure databases in Microsoft Azure virtual machines.
- Describe high availability technologies in SQL Server 2014 and implement log shipping.
- Describe Windows Server Failover Clustering and Implement an AlwaysOn Failover Cluster Instance.
- Implement an Always On Availability Group.
- Plan high availability and disaster recovery solutions.
- Plan and implement database replication.
This course is intended for database professionals who need who plan, implement, and manage database solutions. Primary responsibilities include:
- Planning and implementing database infrastructure.
- Planning and implementing consolidation strategies.
- Implementing SQL Server in on-premises, cloud, and hybrid IT scenarios.
- Planning and implementing high availability solutions.
- Planning and implementing disaster recovery solutions.