This four-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to install and configure Active Directory Federation Services 2.0 (AD FS). The course focuses on terminology, user interfaces, and common configuration scenarios for AD FS. Students will learn how to design AD FS environments and supporting technology such as a Public Key Infrastructure. Students will also learn how to design AD FS for security and high availability.
This course is intended for Windows IT professionals who want to become Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS) enterprise administrators, and move into the role of designing AD FS environments.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Define key concepts and terminology relating to Active Directory Federation Services 2.0.
- Install and configure Windows prerequisites for AD FS 2.0.
- Install and configure Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) for AD FS 2.0.
- Deploy AD FS 2.0 to provide claims-aware authentication in a single organization.
- Configure AD FS 2.0 to provide claims-aware authentication in a business-to-business federation.
- Design and deploy advanced AD FS 2.0 scenarios, including providing for high availability and SAML interoperability.
- Use the AD FS 2.0 claims rule language to create custom claim rules.
- Troubleshoot AD FS 2.0.