This five-day instructor-led course provides students with the necessary knowledge to successfully design and deploy Microsoft System Center 2012 Operations Manager. In this course, students are introduced to the basic theory of service monitoring. They will also learn about configuration, deployment, monitoring, and operation of Operations Manager 2012.
After completing this course, students will have the skills necessary to manage Operations Manager for maximum business benefit. This course incorporates case studies and hands-on learning opportunities so students can practice applying business solutions to real-world scenarios.
This course is for IT Professionals who already have some prerequisite technical knowledge and want to learn the skills necessary to implement a comprehensive service monitoring system for their production environment. This course is also for IT Professionals who want to learn how to communicate relevant business information about the operational status of the IT environment.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Design and build a Production Service Monitoring Program
- Configure and administer Operations Manager 2012
- Deploy monitoring for servers, applications and services
- Deploy management packs
- Create monitors and rules
- Tune monitors and rules for maximum benefit
- Create and configure reports for IT and business consumption
- Meet and exceed SLAs to add value to business partners
- Configure monitoring views and administrative tasks
- Deploy monitoring for UNIX/Linux and Network Devices
- Configure Operations Manager 2012 role-based security
- Configure notifications, subscribers and subscriptions
- Configure general Operations Manager 2012 maintenance settings
- Describe the Operations Manager 2012 Gateway Server
- Automate Operations Manager with PowerShell
- Meet and exceed SLAs in order to bring value to business partners
- Integrate Operations Manager with other tools