The Oracle Database: PL/SQL Fundamentals Ed 2 course introduces students to the PL/SQL programming language. In the class, students learn to create PL/SQL blocks of application code.
- Use various features of PL/SQL.
- Write anonymous blocks of code in PL/SQL.
- Use various PL/SQL conditional constructs and loops in program blocks.
- Interface the PL/SQL code with the database.
- Use stored procedures and functions in their program blocks.
- Handle Exceptions in PL/SQL code.
Benefits To You
Students will benefit from this course as it enables programmers with the skill of using this programming language. In the class students will learn to create anonymous PL/SQL blocks, to create procedures, functions and triggers. Students will learn to use explicit cursors in their program blocks. Demonstrations and hands-on practice reinforce the fundamental concepts. Students use Oracle SQL Developer to develop these program units. SQL*Plus is introduced as optional tools.
- Technical Consultant
- Portal Developer
- PL/SQL Developer
- Database Administrators
- System Analysts
- Forms Developer
- Design PL/SQL anonymous block that execute efficiently
- Use PL/SQL programming constructs and conditionally control code flow (loops, control structures, and explicit cursors)
- Handle exceptions in the program units
- Create and execute simple stored procedures and functions
- Write PL/SQL code to interface with the database
- Describe the features and syntax of PL/SQL