This Oracle 11g: RAC and Grid Infrastructure Administration Accelerated training teaches you about the Oracle Grid Infrastructure products, including Oracle Automatic Storage Manager (ASM), ASM Cluster File System and Oracle Clusterware. You will also learn to administer the Oracle Clusterware and storage products using both command line utilities and graphical tools using both command line and graphical user interface clients.
- Describe the Oracle Database 11g Grid Infrastructure.
- Administer both Policy and Administrator managed RAC databases.
- Install and configure Grid Infrastructure.
- Describe Oracle Database 11g RAC enhancements and new features<./li>
- Describe Grid Plug and Play.
- Use Oracle Clusterware to make applications highly available.
- Troubleshoot the Oracle Clusterware by examining log files, enabling debugging and enabling tracing for various utilities.
- Add and remove nodes and explore quality of service concepts.
- Upgrade or patch the Grid Infrastructure environment.
- Upgrade and path Oracle RAC databases.
Benefits to You
Enrolling in this advanced course will help you develop the skills to leverage the Oracle Clusterware to make applications highly available. You'll leave the class with the ability to support monitoring and failover to other nodes as well.
RAC Database Administration in the Oracle Grid Infrastructure Environment
Furthemore, you'll get hands-on training administering cluster databases using Enterprise Manager and command-line utilities like SRVCTL, CRSCTL and SQL*Plus. Expert Oracle University instructors will help you study the new connection architecture and how to make those connections highly available. Backup and recovery issues relative to cluster database environments will also be covered, along with Oracle RAC One Node and online migration.
This course is based on Oracle Database 11g Release 2. Please note that this is an accelerated course, covering 9 days' worth of content in only 5 days. Because of the extra content covered each day, the daily class duration may be slightly longer than usual.
- Database Administrators
- Data Warehouse Administrator
- Database Designers
- Support Engineer
- Technical Administrator
- Understand Oracle Clusterware architecture
- Describe how Grid Plug and Play affects Clusterware
- Describe Automatic Storage Management (ASM) architecture
- Perform Grid Infrastructure installation and create RAC database
- Demonstrate Clusterware management proficiency
- Manage application resources
- Troubleshoot Oracle Clusterware
- Administer ASM Instances and disk groups
- Administer ASM Cluster File Systems
- Install Oracle Database 11gR2 software and create RAC database
- Manage RAC databases
- Manage backup and recovery for RAC
- Determine RAC-specific tuning components
- Configure and manage services in a RAC environment
- Describe high availability architectures