Oracle Database 12c: Clusterware & ASM Admin Accelerated training covers 6 days worth of content in only 5 days. It starts with the Oracle Database 12c: Clusterware Admin Ed 1 course (4 days) and then covers the Oracle Database 12c: ASM Administration course (2 days). Learn about Oracle Clusterware and ASM architectures and how these products work together.
- Perform Grid Infrastructure pre-installation tasks.
- Install both Standard and Flex clusters.
- Add and remove nodes from a cluster in addition to upgrading and patching existing Grid Homes.
- Manage and administer both Standard Clusters and Policy-Managed Clusters.
- Use Oracle Clusterware to make applications highly available.
- Administer ASM files, directories, templates, and disk groups.
- Manage and administer Oracle Cloud File System and its components.
- Configure and manage advanced CloudFS features like ACFS Auditing and Encryption, ACFS Replication and High Availability NFS.
Benefits to You:
Ensure fast, reliable, secure and easy to manage performance. Optimize database workloads, lower IT costs and deliver a higher quality of service by enabling consolidation onto database clouds by learning about the Oracle Database 12c Grid Infrastructure, specifically about Oracle Cluster and Oracle ASM.
- Database Administrators
- Support Engineer
- Technical Consultant
- Technical Administrator
- Understand Flex Clusters architecture and components
- Understand effect of node failure in Flex Clusters
- Understand the scope and capabilities of what-if command evaluation
- Perform the different types of what-if command evaluation
- Install Grid Infrastructure for Standard and Flex clusters
- Verify the installation
- Configure ASM disk groups
- Perform the prerequisite steps for extending a cluster
- Describe the components of ASM
- Explain and apply Automatic Storage Management (ASM) initialization parameters
- Manage ASM instances and associated processes
- Understand Flex ASM architecture and components
- Understand ASM Deployment Alternatives
- Install and configure Flex ASM
- Create and delete Automatic Storage Management (ASM) disk groups
- Describe the Automatic Storage Management (ASM) architecture