Gain the critical knowledge and skills to model, automate, manage and optimize your business processes. Increase productivity and meet essential compliance and customer service needs.
Quickly get the skills and knowledge to apply proven techniques for performing business process improvement.
This business process improvement course provides you with an opportunity to learn the essential knowledge and skills for applying the most effective and current business analysis techniques when modeling your business, comprehensively analyzing the current state, and subsequently designing the future state. The application of these techniques will be presented as part of an overall framework, as you identify key deliverables and the major steps from modeling and analysis of the current state and future state design.
Successfully completing this course will enable you to reach the level of proficiency needed to apply these techniques and analytical framework to your own work assignments.
Get real-world process improvement practice in a hands-on learning environment.
In addition to the lecture and discussion of course-specific topics, team exercises in this course are designed to apply the techniques in creating required work products from examining a realistic business scenario.
The exercises are designed to provide an opportunity to evaluate and work with a number of situations representing actual conditions found in real businesses. As part of the learning process, participants will be asked to share their answers and the assumptions made in creating the work products. Review of group activities will be led by facilitators with extensive real-world experience modeling and analyzing businesses and their processes.
Specifically, you will:
- Share your goals for the class before beginning your sequential exercises
- Exercise 1: Develop the process list
- Exercise 2: Define the scope
- Exercise 3: Draw the process model
- Exercise 4: Estimate process time
- Exercise 5: Validate the process model
- Exercise 6: Apply improvement methods
- Exercise 7: Establish controls and metrics
- Exercise 8: Test the process
- Exercise 9: Evaluate change readiness
- Exercise 10: Perform continuous improvement
- At the course's end, we will take time to review what you've learned and compare it to your beginning objectives
A Few Immediate Benefits:
- Learn the key objectives for business process improvement initiatives
- Improve your ability to meet your customer's needs
- Identify opportunities to improve business processes by following a systematic 10-step business improvement process that is simple to follow
- Use decision-making tools to determine business priorities
- Create prioritized process lists
- Identify and document scope while alleviating scope creep
- Apply the information elicited in the fact gathering process to create and analyze process models
- Gain the knowledge and skills to estimate process time and cycle time
- Learn how to estimate business process costs
- Discover how to clarify and validate the current state of the business process before jumping to solutions
- Gain the required level of competencies to follow the basic steps in improving business process performance
- Implement business process improvement methods to bridge toward the design of the future state
- Apply improvements and refinements by creating the future state process model
- Assess and select business process performance controls, metrics and targets
- Refine success measurements from the scope definition document
- Identify how to test the improved business process
- Evaluate how prepared the organization is for the changes that will occur to the business process
- Determine the impact of change on customers and create an implementation plan
- Use root cause analysis techniques to apply continuous improvement principles
- Specify how to perform continuous improvement tactics on business processes and implementing a business process
Who Should Attend:
This class is invaluable for:
- Project Managers
- Operations Research Analysts
- Business Process Owners and Managers
- Business and System Analysts, Strategic Planners
- Process Improvement Specialists, TQM, and Six Sigma Team Members
- Consultants & Analysts
- HR Professionals dealing with the introduction of new skills and processes
- Requirements Definition Specialists
- Business Process and Quality Improvement Champions
- Executives, Senior Management Directors
- Operations & Accounting Professionals