Implementing Cisco Network Security (IINS) v3.0 is a 5-day instructor-led course focusing on security principles and technologies, using Cisco security products to provide hands-on examples. Using instructor-led discussions, extensive hands-on lab exercises, and supplemental materials, this course allows learners to understand common security concepts, and deploy basic security techniques utilizing a variety of popular security appliances within a real-life network infrastructure.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Describe common network security concepts
- Secure routing and switching infrastructure
- Deploy basic authentication, authorization and accounting services
- Deploy basic firewalling services
- Deploy basic site-to-site and remote access VPN services
- Describe the use of more advanced security services such as intrusion protection, content security and identity management
Who Should Attend
The target audiences of this course are learners who aim to be network associates in the domain of network security and who have knowledge that is contained in the Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1 (ICND1) course.