In this course, you will be immersed in the practical aspects of the ITIL service lifecycle and processes associated with the planning, protection, and optimization (PPO) of services and service delivery. You will focus on the operational-level process activities and supporting methods and learn to execute these processes in a practical, hands-on learning environment. This training is intended to enable you to apply the practices throughout the service management lifecycle.
This course includes lecture, exercises, and scenario-based exam questions to increase your understanding of the core disciplines of ITIL best practices and position you to successfully complete the associated exam.The exam is offered on the last day of the course at 1:00 pm.
The main process and function focus areas of this course include:
- Demand management
- Capacity management
- Availability management
- IT service continuity management (ITSM)
- Information security management (ISM)
Please note: The ITIL Foundation certification is required to take the exam at the end of class. Proof of certification must be provided no later than the first day of class.
ITIL Intermediate Qualification: Planning, Protection, and Optimization
What You'll Learn
- Service management as a practice and how the processes within PPO support the service lifecycle
- Role of PPO in service provision and how the in-scope processes interact with other service lifecycle processes
- Activities and methods used in each of the PPO processes
- Application of PPO processes and activities to achieve operational excellence
- How to measure PPO performance
- Importance of IT Security and how it supports PPO
- Technology and implementation requirements in support of PPO
- Challenges, key performance indicators (KPIs), critical success factors (CSFs), and risks related with PPO
Who Needs to Attend
- IT operations, technical, or IT management personnel requiring more information about ITIL best practices
- Anyone responsible for managing, implementing, or consulting on ITIL processes within IT or in conjunction with IT