In this 5-day instructor-led course, you learn how to use IBM Integration Bus to develop, deploy, and support platform-independent message flow applications. These applications use various messaging topologies to transport messages between service requesters and service providers, and also allow the messages to be routed, transformed, and enriched during processing.
The course explores message flow problem determination, with an emphasis on identifying and recovering from errors in message flows. You learn how to construct message flows that use extended Structured Query Language (ESQL), Java, and the IBM Graphical Data Mapping editor to transform messages. The course also explores how to control the flow of messages by using various message processing nodes, and how to use databases and maps to transform and enrich messages during processing. You review various messaging transports at a high level and gain a basic understanding of how message flows can use web services, Java Message Service (JMS), and other transport mechanisms. Finally, you explore how to extend IBM Integration Bus by using adapters and other IBM products.
Throughout the course, hands-on lab exercises allow you to practice the skills and concepts that are presented in the lectures. The hands-on labs cover topics such as creating and testing message flows, message modeling, problem determination, and error handling.
- Describe the features and uses of the IBM Integration Bus
- Develop, deploy, and test message flows
- Generate message flows from predefined patterns
- Use IBM Integration Bus problem determination aids to diagnose and solve development and runtime errors
- Describe the function and appropriate use of various message processing nodes
- Write basic ESQL and Java methods to transform messages
- Use the IBM Graphical Data Mapping editor to transform messages
- Define, use, and test simple XML and Data Format Description Language (DFDL) message models
- Describe supported transport protocols and how to call them in message flows
- Describe IBM Integration Bus integration with other IBM products such as IBM Business Process Manager, WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus, WebSphere DataPower, and WebSphere Transformation Extender
- Extend IBM Integration Bus functions by using WebSphere Adapters and plug-ins
- Describe the packaged application support for SAP, Siebel, and PeopleSoft
This course is designed for experienced integration specialists and senior-level developers with experience in application development and WebSphere MQ.