This course is designed for users who are new to developing applications for IBM WebSphere Portal Server V8.5. It describes the fundamentals of designing and creating portlets and how to put the new features to use.
This course makes extensive use of Rational Application Developer V9.1 to develop and test JSR (Java Portlet Specification) 286-compliant portlets.
This intermediate course is for experienced application developers who are familiar with Java, Web 2.0, and web development and who are familiar with security concepts.
- Use the features, functions, and procedures of IBM WebSphere Portal 8.5 to achieve the following tasks:
- Compare Rational Application Developer and WebSphere Portlet Factory
- Locate developer resources
- Review portlet concepts, such as the portlet lifecycle, WAR file architecture, core, objects, and methods
- Set up a development environment
- Perform basics of creating a project, deploying a portlet, starting and stopping a server, and adding a portlet to a page
- Work with the Core API (JSR 286)
- Use tag libraries
- Process portlet input
- Customize portlet behavior
- Build interactive (collaborative) portlets
- Understand the basics of JavaServer Faces (JSF)
- Use JSF in the WebSphere Portal environment
- Use Dojo and Ajax for WebSphere Portal development